- Rental Period
The rental of the Motorhome is for the period from the Pick-Up Date to the Return Date. If you fail to return the Motorhome to the pre-agreed return point by the agreed time you are in breach of these Terms and will be charged for every whole or part day.
The Motorhome must not carry more than 6 passengers including the Driver. Each person must use the seat belts provided at all times and the dining table must be stowed away whilst the vehicle is in motion.
The Motorhome is comprehensively insured for up to 2 named drivers during the rental period subject to the following conditions:-
- No-one other than those named as drivers on the Rental Agreement may drive the Motorhome
- All drivers must have held a full UK/EU driving licence for at least 3 years
- Non-EU licences may be accepted subject to approval from our insurers
- Drivers must be between 25 and 75 years old
- Drivers must have no more than 2 convictions on their licence with a maximum of 3 penalty points per conviction.
- Drivers must not have been involved in more than one fault incident within the last 3 years
- Drivers must not have had their licence suspended for any period within the last 3 years
- Drivers must not have obtained a BA, DD or UT conviction
- All drivers must provide a copy/scan of their driving license prior to hire commencement. If the Driver does not have a Photo License ID, the paper license and a passport is required. A DVLA Check Code must also be provided.
- All drivers must provide 2 forms of proof of address at least 14 days prior to commencement of hire (e.g. 2 utility bills from separate companies dated within 3 months of the hire. Mobile phone statements will not be acceptable.)
- Drivers are personally liable for all legal penalties (e.g.: parking tickets, speeding fines) which are incurred during the period of hire.
- All drivers must be present at Pick Up Date and bring their driving licence with them
Bookings are secured by means of an initial deposit payment of £200, payable via bank transfer. Settlement of the remaining balance will be due 2 weeks (14 days) prior to the commencement of your Rental Period. If booking less than 2 weeks prior to the hire start date, the entire balance is payable at the time of booking. Payment should be made via bank transfer. Your booking confirmation will also include information regarding the Security Deposit of £500 which is required to cover insurance excess and any damages incurred during the rental period. The Security Deposit must be paid by bank transfer no less than 3 days prior to Pick Up and will be refundable within 7 days after the end of the Rental Period should the Motorhome be returned undamaged, with a clean interior and a full tank of fuel. Any payments made via credit / debit card will be subject to a fee of 2.5% and may take longer to process.
5. Security Deposit
A security deposit of £500 is required for each booking. This will be held for the duration of the hire and is fully refundable provided that the vehicle is returned in a clean state and without any damage.
Fully comprehensive insurance is included in the hire charge for all named drivers, which covers the Motorhome and is valid for the duration of the Rental Period only. Hirers are strongly advised to take out their own holiday insurance covering cancellation, personal accident or personal possessions. Insurance surcharges may be incurred if the driver to be insured has a traffic conviction, is using a non-UK driving license or is in an occupation which is deemed high risk. Such charges will be assessed by our underwriters and will be passed onto the hirer. In the event of the insurance policy being invalidated because of non-disclosure of relevant facts First Motorhome Hire will hold the Hirer responsible for all losses and associated costs. In the event of an insurance claim the full security deposit will be taken to cover the insurance excess. The hirer will be liable for the full cost of any non-insurable repairs.
7. Cancellation Charges
First Motorhome Hire understand that circumstances arise whereby cancellation may be necessary. We would be happy to rebook your rental if required however if you do need to cancel your booking the following will apply:-
- More than 4 weeks before rental start date: booking deposit is refundable
- Less than 4 weeks before rental start date: booking deposit is not refundable
The Hirer is welcome to leave their own vehicle with First Motorhome Hire during the rental period however please be aware that cars are left entirely at the hirers own risk. Hirers leaving their vehicles must leave a set of car keys with First Motorhome Hire to allow the car to be moved if required.
9. Hirers Responsibilities
Hirers must complete a Hire Agreement Form with First Motorhome Hire to identify the state of repair of the Motorhome and any damage at pick up and upon its return. Hirers must advise First Motorhome Hire as soon as they become aware of any fault in or with the Motorhome. Hirers must adhere to the following:-
- You must look after the Motorhome and the keys to it.
- You must keep the Motorhome doors and windows securely locked at all times when unattended, and must not leave the keys in the ignition or in a place where they are visible from outside. If the vehicle is stolen with the keys in the ignition this may invalidate the insurance and the hirer will be liable for the full cost of replacement of the vehicle.
- You must protect the Motorhome against any adverse weather conditions which may cause damage and not park or leave the motorhome in any exposed areas during adverse weather.
- You must always drive the Motorhome in a cautious, prudent and normal manner.
- You must not carry more passengers than the seatbelt capacity allows or allow the vehicle to become overloaded.
- You must not drive the Motorhome (or allow it to be driven) if under the influence of alcohol or drugs or with a blood alcohol limit in excess of what is permitted by law.
- You must not allow the Motorhome to be driven by anyone other than a named driver.
- You must not take the Motorhome outwith the United Kingdom.
- You must not sell, rent or dispose of the Motorhome or any of its parts, fittings or items added by First Motorhome Hire or otherwise.
- You must not grant anyone legal rights over the Motorhome.
- You must not tow any vehicle or trailer.
- Any breakdown, malfunction or damage caused by your negligence must be repaired and made good at your own expense.
10. Overhead Damage
All drivers must be aware of the unusual height of the Motorhome and are responsible for the excess amount on the insurance if driven under an obstruction that is too low for it to clear safely e.g. low bridge, height restrictions in car parks. Details of the height / width of the Motorhome are clearly stated in the vehicle.
The Motorhome is covered by RAC Breakdown Cover within the UK. The Hirer is authorised to request repairs up to the value of £50, which will be refunded on production of a valid VAT receipt. Repairs in excess of £50 must be authorised by the Owner prior to any work being undertaken.
12. Responsibility when an accident occurs
In the event of any accident, loss or damage arising out of the use of the Motorhome you should:
- Notify First Motorhome Hire immediately and within 24 hours
- Obtain the names and addresses of third parties and any witnesses and report the event to the nearest police station where necessary.
- Complete and accident report form (a copy of which is provided in the motorhome).
- Not make any admission of liability to other parties, settlement offer or other like offer.
One pet is allowed to accompany the hirer during their rental, however this must be declared at the time of booking. Pets are strictly not allowed on the seats or beds and owners are asked to bring pet blankets and/or beds with them. Pets must not be left alone inside the Motorhome at any time.
14. Road Restrictions
The Motorhome may only be driven on sealed tarmac roads. It must not be taken off-road at any time with the exception of private roads leading to an official campsite.
Under no circumstances is smoking permitted in the Motorhome (this includes the use of electronic cigarettes). A valeting charge of £100 will be incurred in cases where the smoking ban has been ignored.
16. Fuel & Gas
A full tank of fuel is supplied at Pick Up and you must return the Motorhome with a full tank. The Motorhome uses DIESEL only. You will be liable for all repair costs if the incorrect fuel is used. Any fuel shortage at Return will be charged against the Security Deposit.
The Motorhome is supplied with 2 gas cylinders, one of which should be full – should you need to refill these during your trip please do so and provide the receipts to First Motorhome Hire so that the cost can be reimbursed
17. Return of the Motorhome
The Motorhome must be returned by the agreed time on the Return Date. First Motorhome Hire should be notified immediately of any expected late return. The vehicle must be returned with a full tank of fuel (diesel) and in the same condition that it was rented to you (this includes emptying & cleaning the toilet cassette, emptying the grey (waste) water, emptying the Motorhome of all food & ensuring that fridge, cooker & bathroom are cleaned).
If the vehicle is returned in an unsatisfactory condition the following charges will apply and will be deducted from the Security Deposit:-
- Late returns are charged at £50 per hour or part thereof. No refund is given for early return of the Motorhome.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited in the vehicle (including the use of e-cigarettes). Any evidence of smoking in the vehicle will incur a £100 charge
- Fuel – you must return the vehicle with a full tank of fuel otherwise the hirer will be liable for the cost of filling the tank plus £10
- Grey (waste) water tank not empty – £20
- Toilet Cassette not empty & clean – £20
- Fridge not empty & clean – £20
- Cooker / Grill / Hob not clean – £20
- Bathroom not clean – £20
18. Terminating the agreement
First Motorhome Hire reserves the right to refuse to hand over the Motorhome to any person who, in the reasonable opinion of First Motorhome Hire is not suitable to take charge of the Motorhome. In such cases of refusal, all payments made by the hirer will be refunded in full. First Motorhome Hire reserves the right to cancel the hire if at pick up or at any time during the rental period it becomes apparent that any of the drivers’ licences are invalid or not in accordance with the information supplied. In these circumstances all payments made by the Hirer will be forfeited.